farmeric August 24th, 2008
- 2 cups malunggay leaves (freshly boiled)
- 1 cup camote (cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla (optional)
- Combine together the above ingredients and cook slowly in medium heat.
- When almost dry, transfer a butter slab and flatten with rolling pin.
- Cut into desired sizes.
- Cool and wrap.
Yield: From 30 to 40 pieces, depending on size
POLUNGGAY(Polvorones de Malunggay)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup malunggay (pureed)
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- Toast flour to light brown.
- Mix sugar and powdered milk.
- Melt butter/margarine with the pureed malunggay and to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and mold in polvoron molder.
- Wrap individually in Japanese paper
For Malunggay Noodles, see Dr. Lorma Valera’s Malunggay hereHow To Make Pastillas de Leche (Recipe)Dr. Lorma Valera’s Malunggay Noodles RecipeMalunggay Cup Cake